Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tough Challenge This Evening... Real Tough

I was driving home from dropping my son off at a party at around 6pm and had a very strong urge to stop and get a snack. I was hungry because hadn't had anything since lunch at 12:30pm.

A few options crossed my mind like stopping at a diner to get a couple of big chocolate chip cookies, stopping by the convenience store to get some M&Ms or a couple of hot dogs. Closet eating.. Ugh.

I thought if I called my wife to ask her about dinner it would be a good distraction. It was, we were having fajitas for dinner which I make and is one of my favorites. I was sure to take a route home that didn't pass any stores or shops I could stop at. It was a true test and I feel good that I passed it. I also thought about all the people who posted great comments on my "Closet Eating" post and that helped me as well.

Next time I'll take a healthy snack with me in the car just in case.

The fajitas were great... chicken, onions, peppers, small amount of oil, seasoning and one lime. Only had two tortillas. Treated myself to a Michelob Ultra.

Keep total calories for the day to around 1800 today and averted a major Closet Eating side track. Tomorrow is another day.

ETL

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! It's so easy to stop and get a bad snack, glad you were able to avoid it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!

    Something I've found helps is instead of eating 3 meals a day, I eat 5-6 times a day every 3 hours or so. I just eat smaller meals. It helps curb my appetite between the standard 3 meals, and also keeps my body burning food throughout the day. It might be something you think about trying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love fajitas. Great job on resisting the pit stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! When you feel a snack attack coming on, sometimes it's a case of not even wanting to resist. It's just knowing how we'll feel afterwards that keeps us going. Keeping a snack handy in the car is ESSENTIAL i've found! A meusli bar or snack bag of fruit'n'nut, ya can't go wrong! :o)

    ReplyDelete