Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Days 1 and 2: Getting Honest With Myself

It started with an email from my brother in law, a guy that I love like a brother. He is very knowledgable about nutrition and offered to help me with a common sense approach. I said yes and he countered with an 11 page document explaining his ideas and philosophy behind maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

As I read the doc I thought back to all I had learned from other bloggers like Sean Anderson and many others like him. I also thought about the commitment I made to my family and more importantly myself. I messed up big time. I gave up. I stopped being honest with myself.

Well no more. Watching others in my family who struggle with obesity their whole lives and the effects it has on them in their senior years made me realize I don't want to be like that.

I want to be on this earth as long as possible and to do that I have to lose about 200 pounds and change my life drastically.

I want to be honest with myself.

I will do it. I will. The last two days I have been tracking and following a focused approach to weight loss.

I'm going to try to post here every day following the lead of Sean Anderson who's book I just bought for my iPad.

Onward and upward! One day at a time.

ETL

No comments:

Post a Comment