Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 12 (428.5) No One To Blame But Myself

Can I blame my job for adding stress to my life and causing me to eat for comfort?  Can  blame my parents for not instilling good eating habits when I was young?   Can I blame the food industry and capitalism for spawning the creation of high calories, low nutrition, fast and processed foods that can be mindlessly consumed with ease?   These are all questions I've asked myself and rationalizations I've made in the past.   Well I realize now that the answer is, NO, because I have no one to blame but myself.

Being obese is a choice.  In the past I choose to eat 4 slices of pizza when I could have had 2.   I choose to stop at Burger King and drink a large vanilla shake an hour before dinner when I could have had a protein bar and a bottle of spring water.  I choose to eat foods loaded with sugar and carbs in the privacy of my car, hiding my food addiction from my family and friends.   Since I made these choices I can't blame anyway but myself for the results.

Now for the good news..   I can and will do something about it.  I will correct the terrible eating habits I've developed during the first 50 years of my life and vow to maintain healthy eating habits for the remainder of my time on earth.   I have been successful in every other aspect of my life except for my body size and eating habits.  I will win this one too.

It's time take responsibility and move forward in a positive manner with the end goal of living well in a healthy, happy, 220 lbs body!

ETL

No comments:

Post a Comment