- Monitor caloric and nutritional intake. Eat three meals a day along with healthy snacks within my daily calorie plan and protein, carb and fat ratio (PCF Ratio).
- No diet soda or processed foods.
- Drink lots of water.
- Exercise 15 minutes per day. Be more active overall.
- Weigh in weekly (with spot checks throughout the week).
- Report progress, thoughts, etc on this blog.
- Seek out tools to help me reach my goal weight of 220 lbs.
- Reach for support from family, friends and bloggers before I reach for a doughnut
My plan was to buy a recumbent bike but I haven't been able to find one that is rated for my weight capacity. A sad but true fact. Really the only main exercise I can do at this point is walking. It's not easy because usually after about 5 minutes of walking my lower back starts to hurt. I grind through it but it's certainly not a pleasant experience.
When I go to the store or to a ball game I park my car further away to force more walking time to and from. I found a great iPhone app that is a GPS Pedometer which tracks your steps, distance and walk time... Pretty cool.
The difficulty is avoiding the rationalizations that cause me to sit on the couch or at my desk rather than walk and move. Its so easy not to do things. What I mean is.. it's easy to not go for a walk or to not update my blog daily. I can't be lazy about this anymore. I have to come up with a reason every day to walk. I'll have to take #4 a day at a time and as I shed the pounds it will become easier to exercise. But.. I have to put in the time now to get there.
Good choice, Self honesty