Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow...

When I was a kid I loved snow. When it was on the ground I wanted to be out in it every waking moment. I looked forward to those January and February storms that piled up the snow. I remember listening to the radio with bated breath waiting to hear if my school was closed. As a 49 year old I still have a bit of that in me but for the most part snow is a pain in the ass. However, it is a good opportunity for exercise! I spent about 45 minutes snow blowing this morning and burned about 800 calories according to MyNetDiary. I still have some work to do outside so this will be a great activity day for me. I've done a good job this week staying under 1800 calories each day and I'm looking forward to a good weigh in on Saturday.

ETL

3 comments:

  1. I so know what you mean about the snow. I used to love it so much...and now I just groan everytime that they tell me it's coming...it just means leaving early to get to work and trudging through the slush...oh to go back to snow days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you play in the snow after you've finished working in it? Just coz you're all grown up, doesn't mean you have to stop playing. Next post, i want to see a photo of you making a snow angel! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from FL, meaning no snow...ever, lol. So I'm still in awe every time we get a little dusting around here in North Georgia. And it DOES feel good to look forward to your weigh-in when you know you did things right that week! :)

    ReplyDelete