There are many things that suck when your huge but these are really frustrating:
- Traveling on an airplane. The seats are not designed for wide bodies. Having to ask the flight attendant for a "seat belt extender" really sucks. A few years ago I lifted one from Continental. However, putting it on with someone next to you is still very embarrassing.
- Attending sports events. Stadium seats are narrow as hell. I have to sit on the edge of the seat the entire game with my arms folded. Very uncomfortable. When I'm regular size I'm really going to enjoy sitting back in my seat watching a game drinking my $5 bottle of water. Walking from the parking lot to the stadium can be an adventure in back pain as well depending on the distance.
- Unlocking the gas cap. Yes, when I pull into a gas station I can't just reach down and pull the handle that opens the gas cap. I have to open the car door so I can reach around to pull it. Solution: open the cap before I get in the car to go to the gas station so it is open when I get there.
- Going on a vacation. Generally, most vacation spots require you to be an active person. If it's a beach it means showing body parts. When your big it's not easy saying yes to vacations because you know that you will be like a fifth wheel holding the rest of the group up as they whisk off to the daily activity. If you're flying to your destination see #1.
- Buying a car. When you're fat you have to make sure you fit in the driver's seat before you can buy the car. You have to also make sure the seat belt fits around your large girth. No kidding.
- Washing certain areas of your body. Depending on your size and body configuration you may have trouble reaching certain areas of your body to perform normal hygiene activities. Believe it or not they make devices to assist large people with this. Never had buy any of those thank you very much, but getting close to it. Thus, another reason to change things now.
- Not participating with some standard family activities. Bike riding, boating, hiking, long walks, tennis, golf, yard work, etc. Most of these are crossed off the list when your huge. You tend to stay at home while your wife and kids have fun doing active things.
- Taking the subway. The best way to get around NYC is underground. However, there are a lot of stairs to get up and down to and from the subway system. A lot of stairs. Very few stations have elevators or escalators. A trip from midtown to downtown via taxicab ain't cheap theses days. Taking up two seats on the train isn't fun either.
I'm sure you can come up with more. Let's see your comments... I'll add more as I think of them.