Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 51 (429-5) WTF Happened?

This week's weigh in did not go as planned.  I've gained 3 pounds since last Saturday.  I did a sneak peak on Thursday and I was up to 427 so I was thinking I would have a zero sum week.  But that didn't happened.  I was forced to self-analyze this morning.

  1. On Wednesday on the way to a ball game I stopped at a convenience store and eat a few things I shouldn't have.  A large soft pretzel, a bag of Chex Mix, some oatmeal raisin cookies and a small bag of beef jerky.  When I got home that night I was too full to eat much of the pasta dinner my Wife had made.   I didn't enter the store bought calories into mynetdiary and mentally thought I would make up for it the next couple of days. 
  2. I have been going over the 1700 per day calorie plan.  Not by a huge amount but probably 200-300 calories per day.  I'm also not really making sure my Fat Carb Protein ratios are on each day.
  3. I haven't been drinking enough water each day.  Maybe 32 oz tops.  I need to drink at least 64oz.
  4. I haven't been doing much walking.  I really have to walk every day.
So.  I can't let #1 happen.  This was a total blunder and I have to come up with methods that will prevent me from doing this.  Why did I do it?  Stress I guess.  Tough day at work, other stuff.

For #2 I need to get real with myself and stick to the plan. I thought I could go over the 1700 because I lost weight when I was eating 2300 but I don't think that's the case at all.  I need to stick to the number each day.

To take care of #3 I have a 32 oz water bottle which I will fill and drink at least twice a day.   

And last but not least I have to find a way to motivate myself to combat #4.  It's not easy to move my body but I have to start doing it.

Also, I think my body was still reacting to the last weekends "feasting".  I did eat many foods that I hadn't had in a while.

The good thing is that I realized this is an issue.  I caught it and I'm going to do something about it.   I really felt terrible when I saw the number on the scale and as I write this post I feel anger.  I feel like I let myself down.  I didn't make good choices and I wasn't honest with myself.  But I have to move past this and get with the program.

Good choice, Self-Honesty.

ETL

1 comment:

  1. Try viewing this as a learning week and don't beat yourself up over it. It sounds like you have already pinpointed the problems and found solutions. You will be back to losing in no time. As someone who began this journey at 460 pounds myself, I can relate to the "hard to move this body" part. Just start with whatever you can do, you want to push yourself but not until you hurt yourself. Pretty soon it will get easier and easier and you'll find you want to do it. Best of luck to ya!

    http://learningtoliveagainmyweightlossjourny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete