Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pineapple and Pondering Comments

Sorry the blog has been silent this week. I've been real busy with work and personal stuff. Thanks for all the great comments.

My eating habits have been consistent. FogDog's comment has me thinking that I may not be getting enough calories (1500-1900 per day) and my metabolism may be slowing. According to MyNetDairy I need 3200 calories per day to maintain my body weight. I feel like if I ate 3200 calories I would gain weight. It's just too much food. I've thought about stepping it up to 2500 calories per day but I just feel like that's too much food for me as well. I'm going to keep my intake at 2000 per day for the next few weeks and see what happens. I'm also thinking about weighing myself every two weeks. Maybe every week is too often.


Above is my current BMR... I'm focusing on the last sentence of the explaination. I just want to try to keep things as simple as possible so eating right and exercise become natural for me.

I took our dog for a walk on Sunday which was great. I'll be exercising today and Friday. This should help speed things up inside my body.

My new favorite breakfast... 1 cup of diced fresh pineapple with lo-fat vanilla yogurt on it.. and a scrambled egg on the side. It's 326 calories and a good balance of protein, fat and carbs.

That's all for now.

ETL

7 comments:

  1. That breakfast sounds yummy! Glad to hear that you are getting more exercise. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble with the calorie thing too. If I ate as many calories as I should everyday, I think I'd gain weight too. So, what I've been doing is trying to stick to my lower calories most days and then one day here and there, I'll eat more calories (closer to the amount I'm supposed to eat) to kinda shock my metabolism. I'm really not sure if there's any scientific basis for this, but I got this from my very in shape brother that's in the airforce. He lost a lot weight and this is one thing he said worked for him. A few days after I "shock" my metabolism, I end up losing more weight.
    Looking at your chart, it looks like you've done really well. I mean 20lbs in 2 months is great. I started my journey on 1/11. I've lost almost 17...by the 11th of March I hope to have reached 20lbs. That will be my 2 month mark. Maybe your body is just evening out now. I lost more in my first two weeks than any other week.
    Sounds like a great breakfast by the way. :) Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing quite nicely, I'd say. You seem to have a handle on the whole situation, so I'm sure your change in caloric intake will help in jump starting your metabolism again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to up my calorie intake at one point to continue loosing weight. I was exercising every day though. Even if you do jumping jacks in place lunges and push ups and crunches for 10 minutes in the morning it will help. Start small and consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole how many calories thing really confuses me and I'm struggling with it. It sounds like you've got a good plan going on and you're doing great so far!

    That breakfast does sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks for the callout in your post! I think 2000 calories sounds good. I've recently bumped back from 2500 to 2000 to try to get a little more weight loss. One word of caution...Don't be surprised if see see a small gain in the first couple weeks. It might happen or it might not, it all depends on how quickly your body reacts to the change in intake. If your body was previously in starvation mode it might initially hold onto those extra calories in anticipation of going back into starvation mode. After a few weeks your body will realize that's not the case and then your metabolism should go up.
    Fogdog Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely agree with you that simple is the key, when it gets complicated - it doesn't get done!

    ReplyDelete